Thursday, April 26, 2012

NSLog is my friend

NSLog is turning out to be a bosom buddy. It has helped me to figure out what is going on where and how to fix problems. Or rather, cludge around problems at least. What is funny, is that all of what I am doing could end up being even poopier than I think it is. I haven't broken down yet and spent the $99 to become an apple developer so I can't put the application on my iPhone yet. A lot of people say that the simulator and the actual device end up having different issues. Sigh. Anyway, this was supposed to be a happy post about the wonders of NSLog. The main thing trick for me, especially when I have lots of NSLogs flying around or lying in wait, is to be as precise as possible in the message presented - so that I know which log is saying what to me when. And, tadah! After a few hours of work, I have gotten the preferences to work the way I expect them to work. Without nearly as much cludging as I thought I would have to do. Actually, this has given me an insight into how I can better streamline the app. One day....

Now, back to High Score persistence...

And when in doubt, do an exercise. The one I am doing now is an exercise on storyboarding from Big Nerd Ranch's iOS Programming. Yippee! Ok, that was silly. Fun, but silly. On to a webview application. Yippee!

And back to persistence. I am getting very close to being able to retain scores. Any month now...

No comments: